I’m Nicki Lee. I am a Sports Therapist who has specialised in massage full time since 1999, and I have been teaching Advanced Massage courses since 2004.
People come to see me for many different reasons – aches and pains, symptoms of stress and anxiety, chronic pain and many health conditions, or even just because they like massage!
Helping people lead more comfortable and therefore more enjoyable lives is at the heart of what I do. This extensive client experience combined with continuing research and study makes my Advanced Massage courses and Mentoring Programme for therapists effective and up to date.
Read moreRead less
I often work with people in pain caused by injury, illness or health conditions or just normal ‘wear and tear’ using Remedial and Sports Massage techniques. I also do a more relaxing massage, ideal for people with stress, general tension, depression and anxiety. My goal is to help you feel better, and I do that by matching up my techniques on the day depending on how you are feeling – most importantly, your treatment should be pleasant and never painful. I have a ‘client-centred’ practice which means your concerns are my top priority.
I have been teaching Remedial, Sports and Advanced Massage techniques since 2004 in further education, private colleges and in my own workshops and courses. I offer my students professional and structured interactive training in a friendly informal atmosphere. My many years of experience working as a Remedial Massage Therapist is backed up by my own continual training to let me to offer practical helpful workshops which can make an immediate difference to the treatments you offer.
I attend conferences, seminars and training days on a regular basis to keep up to date. I have qualifications in massage, sports therapy and teaching, including;
City & Guilds FE Teacher Training
Stage One 2005
Stage Two 2008
IIST Advanced Diploma in Sports Therapy, 2000 with Advanced Diplomas in Health & Fitness Studies & Sports Therapy, comprised of:
Anatomy & Physiology
Sports Related Nutrition
Health Related Fitness Test
Biomechanics of Movement
Assess Body Alignment/Provide Individual Exercise
Sports Event Massage
Activity Injuries and Apply Thermal/Electrical Modalities
Post-Medical Activity Injury Rehabilitation
Provide sun bed tanning and infra-red treatments
Provide sauna and steam bath treatments
Facilitate spa pool usage
Maintain Employment Standards
Health, Safety and Security
Good Working Relationship with Colleagues & Clients
Provide Reception Service
Provide Customer Service
IIHHT Indian Head Massage, 1999
ITEC Anatomy, Physiology and Body Massage, 1997
Nicki’s vast knowledge of her subject comes through and the format of the day enabled me to observe, carry out and receive guidance on new techniques. I found the courses enjoyable and the pace of the day perfect for my needs. Nicki is patient and has exactly the right balance between formal and informal making the day a relaxed and enjoyable experience.
Massage Training – Mentoring
I have been assisting and advising former students and other massage therapists for a number of years, and decided the time was right to begin a more formal Mentoring Programme.
My aim is to offer continuing support, guidance, a sympathetic ear and, when asked, advice. Some of the areas I will offer particular focus on will be:
Contraindications, cautions and treatment adaptations
Working with clients, professional boundaries
Client assessments and consultations
Research and developments in our field, including Pain Science
Your business and professional development
Your questions about anything pertaining to massage therapy & business – the heart of the programme.
Many therapists work alone and don’t have peers or supervisors to discuss these issues with, and the programme is developed with those therapists in mind. This is also ideal for therapists who are newly qualified, are returning to work after a break. It’s appropriate if you have qualifications in massage, sports massage or beauty therapy (with massage module).
Benefits to you
1. I am at the end of the phone or email with any questions you have, particularly about client conditions and treatments. 2. Twice each year, we will have a one-to-one discussion, focusing on any areas of concern you may have, or to discuss your training, business focus and professional development. 3. You will receive a 50% discount on workshops I offer, with other discounts available for talks, seminars, etc. 4. There is a private, on-line forum for discussion. 5. You may obtain up to 2 hours per month of CPD points through participation in the forum discussions.
All the details and small print about the programme are here: Read more
1. I am at the end of the phone or email with any questions you have, particularly about client conditions and treatments. You can contact me on phone, messenger, email or Skype. I’m not available 24/7, but most calls are returned within 2-8 hours, and normally within 24 hours (unless I am away). I will always endeavor to get back to you as soon as possible with urgent enquiries. During annual leave I may not be contactable every day. This facility is not for general discussion, but specific questions that are time sensitive, such as client care or urgent business decisions.
2. Twice each year, we will have a one-to-one discussion, focusing on any areas of concern you may have, or to discuss your training, business focus and professional development. This may be done in person over a coffee locally, or via Skype, Messenger or the phone. When I am travelling for work, I will let you know if I will be in your area if you would like to schedule your one-to-one in person (within 2 months of your 6 monthly meeting). Prior to meeting we will agree an agenda to make the best use of our time together, but of course your questions are the most important part. Up to 90 minutes will be allowed for each meeting.
3. You will receive a 50% discount on workshops I offer, with other discounts available for talks, seminars, etc. The 50% discount is offered for workshops hosted by me. You will need to be a member of the Mentoring Programme when you book the workshop and continuously until the workshop date to utilize the discount. There will be a minimum number of students enrolled to have workshops go forward when ‘Mentees’ are enrolled (normally 4) and I will keep you apprised as to numbers and likelihood of cancellation. If I am teaching in other parts of the country being hosted by someone else, I may not be able to offer any discount. If you choose to host a workshop in your local area, you will receive an additional discount to the one the host normally receives. When you enquire about hosting, we can discuss the actual figures at that time, as they will vary depending on location, number of workshop days, etc. When I host local seminars or talks, you will attend free or at a 50% discount.
4. There is a private, on-line forum for discussion. This is a secret facebook group. As it is secret, no one will be able to see you are a member, except other members. If you prefer to be anonymous I will arrange that. If you are not on Facebook, I will set up a profile for you (with your name or another) which you can use for our group – you do not have to participate in Facebook in any other way, and your friends and family will not be able to see or contact you, unless that is what you want. I ask that all information on the forum is kept private, but be aware that, as with *any* online or written content, someone can always copy information and share it.
5. You may obtain up to 2 hours per month of CPD points through participation in the forum discussions. This discussion forum will have your questions, plus questions and information posted by me. We will look at many areas of interest to us, and I will post questions for discussion on many different topics, such as ethical ‘What would you do?’ questions, and ‘Would you treat?’ contraindication questions. You are not required to participate. However, participation may give you CPD points, depending upon your professional association. Many allow reading and writing and self learning to obtain points.
The fee for the programme is £25 per month. Payment is monthly, by Standing Order or credit card auto payments monthly, due on the first of each month. Late or missed payments will result in removal from the programme, with a £10 pound fee to reestablish membership. If you wish to pay in advance, you may pay for 11 months and have the 12th month free.
I have been teaching Remedial Massage since 2004, and bring my practical clinical experience with clients to all of my workshops.
Course attendee numbers are kept small so that everyone receives individual attention.
Workshops are not cancelled due to low numbers of attendees. Your time is valuable!
All resources and equipment you need on the day are provided (unless otherwise stated).
Please wear comfortable, professional workwear.
You will receive a course manual plus information on additional resources for further independent study.
Reading material will be sent in advance of some of the workshops.
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the day.
CPD points or credits are determined by the professional organisations, however most accept courses that you choose and thus far no students have reported any workshops not being accepted. If you have any questions about workshops being accepted, you should check with your own association. If they require fuller information (i.e. syllabus, etc.) this can be provided upon request.
Some courses are suitable for other body workers – please ask if you would like more information.
These workshops are for people interested in massage, who would like to work with their friends and family. It is not a professional qualification, and you will not be able to obtain insurance to work with the public or charge fees.
INDIAN HEAD AND SHOULDER MASSAGE Learn and enjoy giving and receiving Indian Head and Shoulder Massage! At this workshop you will learn and practice massaging the upper back, shoulders, neck, arms and head. Developed in India over centuries where massage has been given both in the home and at barbers, this has been expanded to include working on the upper back and is now one of the most popular therapies here in the U.K. This treatment is given over the clothing with your partner sitting up in a regular chair – so no special equipment or undressing is needed. Most of the session is spent actually giving or receiving massage, but you will also observe demonstrations, have the opportunity for questions, and learn how to prepare yourself and your partner for a safe, relaxing and fun treatment.
You will receive a handbook with detailed descriptions which will help you remember all the movements. This workshop is suitable for anyone with an interest in massage. You should be fit enough to stand for 30 minutes at a time while giving the treatment. You are welcome to attend with a partner but it is not required to come as a pair. You will delight your family and friends with this new skill. Please note that this course is not suitable for practicing professionally. This course is normally taught over 2 evenings or one Saturday. Please contact me to indicate your interest and I will notify you when the next class is scheduled. Does this sound like fun for a group of friends? Contact me for a quote to come out and work with your group!
A training session with Nicki is always rewarding, as her no nonsense approach is calm and reassuring and enables me to learn effectively and with confidence. I leave her workshops knowing I have broadened my knowledge and will be able to provide my clients with even more effective treatments, whilst still working safely and looking after my own health and well-being.
To book your massage treatment in Kingsclere, Book Here or you are welcome to contact me on 07881 812788 or via my contact form to arrange an appointment.
If you have any questions about massage, or if it may be helpful to you, please feel free to contact me by phone or email.
Nicki is easily the best, most experienced massage therapist I have ever used. She has helped me with two sport injuries so far and her golden touch has been invaluable in my recovery. I loved the calm atmosphere of her therapy room and the heated massage bed was just heavenly! I appreciated her ability to measure her massage strength to my exact requirements – never too painful, or too light – just perfectly right. I would recommend her thoroughly for both relaxation and rehabilitation work.